A pet is both a privilege and a commitment. Here are some resources that may help you with your pet.
Nakusp Veterinary Clinic: http://www.nakuspvet.ca
The site below contains useful information and links specific to animal care and health
How to Take Care of Your Pet: http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Care-of-Your-Pet
Caring for Your Pet:
Please spend time teaching children about the importance of proper care and respect towards ALL animals. PALS promotes responsible care of animals by following the eight basic pet needs:
- FOOD – All pets need sufficient nutritional food to keep them healthy.
- WATER – All pets need fresh water to drink, or to live in.
- SHELTER – All pets need a warm, safe place to rest.
- EXERCISE – Dogs need to be walked or exercise daily. Hamsters need an exercise wheel to run on.
- GROOMING – Dogs need to be brushed and bathed. Check your pets regularly for ticks and fleas. Contact your vet for options to deal with fleas and ticks.
- VETERINARY CARE – Pets need routine check-ups at the vet.
- TRAINING – Basic training using words such as come, sit and stay helps keep your pet safe.
- FRIENDSHIP/LOVE – All pets need to be treated with respect, praise and affection.
To arrange for a visit by PALS to your school or community group, please contact PALS.